Presentation of the Circuit
The circuit is open from 08.30 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 17.30 (except during sporting events). You can reach us by telephone on 03 86 21 80 00.
Specific timetables are set up according to the needs of the sporting event (see the events page) or for the hire of the circuits.
The Managing Company
The Circuit of Nevers Magny-Cours, owned by the Conseil Départemental de la Nièvre since 1986, is located 12 km south-east of Nevers in the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region.
It is managed by a joint publicly/privately-owned Limited Company, the S.A.E.M.S.C.N.M.C. with a governing board of which the President is Mr Serge SAULNIER. The Orientation and Supervisory Board is presided by Mr Jean-Louis BALLERET.
The Circuit Company ensures:
- The management and animation of sporting activities leading to the organisation of events and motorsport competitions on the Circuit of Nevers Magny-Cours.
- Promoting and marketing the Technopôle, coordinating the actions carried out by local authorities and partners at the Technopôle.
The turnover of the company is of the order of 8 million Euros.
The company has 37 permanent employees including 2 members of the Management Board.
On a site of 350 hectares, the Circuit of Nevers Magny-Cours has three tracks:
- The Grand Prix Circuit created in 1989,
- The Club Circuit created in 2003,
- The Kart Circuit created in 1993.
In addition to these tracks, the circuit also has a Business Centre comprising:
- A Conference Centre, seating 267 people created in 1997,
- A Press Room, which can accommodate up to 250 journalists,
- A Presidential Suite, seating 30, created in 2015,
- 13 Hospitality Suites of 70 m²,
- 7 Reception Suites ranging from 110 to 210 m²,
- 5 Reception Areas ranging from 250 to 390 m².
The Circuit inaugurated THE CONSERVATOIRE OF THE FRENCH SINGLE SEATER on 1st May, 2015, with :
- 3 themed areas, covering a total of 1,400 m² which is dedicated to the most beautiful French racing cars.
- A video room, retracing the history of Magny-Cours.
- A collection of 48 dream cars ranging from the 1948 Gordini T15 to the Prost AP03 of 2000, and including the Renault RE30B/C that was driven by Alain Prost.
Events at the Circuit
The attendance at the Circuit of Nevers Magny-Cours was estimated at 312,000 visitors in 2016, and placed it second in the list of the most visited sites in the Burgundy Franche-Comté region.
The Circuit has the largest audience capacity available in France with 139,112 spectator entries. The 14 grandstands, with numbered seats, and general access areas, without seats, offer a clear view of the track to the public.
The 2017 season offers motorsport fans 23 car and bike events, speed and endurance, modern and classic, showcasing the Motul FIM World Superbike Championship, the Grand Prix de France Historique, the GT4 European Series, the Classic Days weekend and the12H of Nevers Magny-Cours…
CIRCUIT NEVERS MAGNY-COURS
Technopôle, 58470 Magny-Cours
Tel. 03 86 21 80 00
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and don't miss anything at the circuit !
60 YEARS OF NEVERS MAGNY-COURS: THE 1993 WILLIAMS-RENAULT FW15C IS BACK! On the 60th anniversary of the Circuit of Nevers Magny-Cours, we are celebrating the 30 years (give or take a few days) since the first French Formula 1 Grand Prix on the Nivernais...read more
CALENDAR UPDATE: 2021 double-header kickstarts season, Estoril confirmed as Round 2 The venue that hosted the 2020 Championship-deciding season finale returns to the calendar in 2021 with the Estoril Round going back-to-back with the Aragon Round....read more